…Is how long I’ve managed to stay away from this blog and, truthfully, very much of the internet world! And damn, a lot has changed. In the time I’ve been absent, I have:
- Lived in Boston for five weeks to participate in Boston Ballet’s summer intensive, and in doing so met fab gorgeous people and the greatest number of gay guys I’ve yet to interact with (probs why it rocked so much).
- Found peace within my friend group/social life and have succeeded in surrounding myself with stellar people. If you recall this blog post from last school year, you can see some serious improvement.
- Turned sixteen. It was mediocrely cool.
- Become super involved in school! YEAH! From editing the Opinion section of the newspaper, to being an officer of Young Democrats, to participating more in Amnesty International… It’s been a grand time.
- Developed a love for Eminem and can rap the entirety of “Just Lose It”. Please, judge me.
- Set my mind on the idea of attending Northwestern and am not budging. Despite being a 16 year old sophomore, my journalism fantasies have taken me exceptionally far.
- Found peace with myself. I used to be this hyper-obsessed skinny girl who wanted nothing more than a sticky build, which led to hyper-obsessed food diagramming and hyper-obsessed exercising. Then this summer I realized, fuck it. I’m going to eat this bag of chocolate and four pieces of pizza with some mac and cheese and I’m going to LOVE IT.
- Gotten a job at a bread store! It’s cute and quaint and fun and great and easy, I like it.
This blog post was nothing short of absolute shit, but hey, I’m a little rusty. Hopefully I’ll be able to post every couple of weeks or so to tell you all of my latest Starbucks discoveries and life revelations. Hasta la viste! (If that’s wrong, I blame the fact that I take French…)